Mi account also known as a XiaoMi account is a service that is provided by XiaoMi Inc. based in China. If you own a XiaoMi device or want to use XiaoMi’s services then you need to have a Mi account. The Mi account is responsible for activities such as syncing data with Mi Cloud, finding your lost phone, locking your phone, getting information about sales and offers by XiaoMi and a lot more things. Just like you need a google account to use google’s services siMilarly to use XiaMi’s services you need a Mi account.
Why you need a Mi account?
If you own any XiaoMi product or want to use XiaoMi services then you need to have a Mi account. Mi account is useful as it provides a one-stop solution for all XiaoMi related services. Using a single Mi account you can sign in to all of XiaoMi’s products and services. Some of those services are
- Sync your photos, contacts, call history, and messages across all your devices with the cloud.
- Access things you sync or find your Mi device from any browser at i.Mi.com.
- Choose from hundreds of unique themes for your Mi Device in the MiUI Theme Store.
- Suggest new features, post feedback, and report bugs on the official MiUI forum at en.Miui.com.
- You can use this account to post in Mi forums.
- You need a Mi account to unlock the bootloader of a Xiaomi smartphone using the mi account unlock toolkit
- You need this account while buying anything from the Mi store.
- You can use this account to copy data from your old smartphone to your new smartphone.
- Mi account can also be used to report bugs and feedback to the developer team.
If you own a XiaoMi device then probably you already have a Mi account if not its very easy to create one. Mi account also enables access to Mi Cloud which is a platform provided by Xiaom Smartphones and helps to sync your data across multiple devices. You can use this feature to backup important data such as messages, contacts, browser bookmarks, images, and other files on the cloud.
How to create a Mi account?
To keep your account safe and to provide an alternate way for you to verify your account, XiaoMi requires that you provide an email address or phone number when creating a Mi Account. This information can also be used to reset your account’s password or confirm your identity if you’re locked out.
Requirements for Mi Account
Age requirements on Mi account state that you have to be at least 13 years old to be able to create a Mi Account
Creating a Mi account is a simple procedure and shouldn’t take more than 5 Minutes. While creating a Mi account you have the option to create the account using an email address or a phone number. Below are the steps to create the account in both ways.
To create a new Mi account just follow the below-given steps
Using an Email Address
1. Open any browser and navigate to the given link.
2. Select your country or region in the “Country/Region” field.
3. Now in the email field enter your email address and click on “Create Mi account.”
4. Once you click on create Mi account you will be taken to the next page where you need to enter your desired password.
5. Enter a strong password in the password field and re-enter the same in the re-enter password field. Your password must be 8-16 characters long and should include both numbers and letters.
6. You will also need to enter the captcha code in the “Enter code” field. Type the exact code as you see in the captcha in the given field.
7. If you don’t see any captcha image just click on the captcha image field and it will refresh the captcha code for you.
8. Once you are done, click on the submit button and it will ask you to check your email for an account activation email from XiaoMi.
9. Open your email account and check for any new email from XiaoMi. Click on the activation link given in the email.
10. If you don’t receive any email from XiaoMi, just click on the Resend activation email link at the create Mi account page.
11. Now your account will be activated and you can use your email id and password to login into Mi account.
Using phone number
1. Open any browser and navigate to the given link.
2. Now click on the “Create using a phone number” button.
3. On the next page select your Country/Region and enter your mobile phone number without the country code. The country code should be automatically detected based on the Country/Region selected in the previous field.
4. Enter the captcha code in the appropriate field. If captcha code is not visible, click on the captcha image and it will refresh and provide new code.
5. Once all details are entered, click on the Create Account button.
6. You will now receive an OTP (One-time password) which you will need to enter in the verification code field. If you don’t receive a verification code just click on the resend button.
Issues you can face when creating a Mi Account?
You can face some issues while creating a new Mi account such as email address or phone number already exists, your device is temporarily blocked, etc. If you face any of these issues follow the below-given steps to create a new Mi account.
The email address or phone number you provided is already associated with another Mi Account. If you’ve used the MiUI Theme Store or XiaoMi Cloud, you already have a Mi Account.
Sign in to the existing account and change associated phone number or email.
Use the existing account.
Your device is temporarily blocked after several attempts to create an account.
Wait an hour and try again
Didn’t receive SMS or email verification.
Make sure the email address or phone number you entered is correct. Sometimes depending on your local or network connection, it may take longer for you to receive verification. So just wait 5 Minutes and click the Resend button.
Creating a new Mi account is very easy and is required to access the services provided by Xiaomi. Mi account can also be very useful to track your phone’s location and sync your data across other smartphone devices. You also need the Mi account to shop from the Mi store.